Oh glorious DIY coffee mugs. How do I love thee? I love your simplicity… your effortless… your endless possibilities. I also love that you are teen program friendly. Today begins my first ever Crafternoons program at the library and I think my group is going to love this DIY activity.
- Coffee mug (I bought white mugs for $.99 from Ikea)
- Sharpies (I have been told that Oil-Based Straight Sharpie Paint Markers work best)
- An oven
- Use your Sharpies to draw on your coffee mugs. (I searched Etsy for creative ideas!)
- Once you like the design on your mug, put it in the oven to set the ink.
- ***Place your mug in a cold oven. After the mug is in the oven, turn it onto Bake at 350 degrees. Wait until the oven is preheated and then turn your timer on for 30 minutes. After your timer goes off, turn off the stove and leave your mug in the oven until it is cool to touch. (I left mine in overnight.)
- Enjoy your mug!
- DO NOT PUT YOUR MUG IN THE DISHWASHER. YOU MUST WASH IT BY HAND!
I hope you all enjoy this super fun (and easy!) crafty idea. Now I need to make myself a cup o’ joe in my lovely new arrow mug.